The center is established by the Norwegian Ministry of Health and Care Services. It is placed within the umbrella of the Section of Infectious Diseases at the Medical Department of Haukeland University Hospital in Bergen, Norway.
Increase and maintain competence regarding diagnostics, treatment and follow-up of patients with tropical infectious diseases in Norway through research, communication, dissemination, training and consulting.
- Build and communicate competence in the field
- Survey and commuicate treatment results
- Participate in research and establish researcher networks
- Contribute in relevant training/education
- Perform supervision and dissemination of knowledge and competence to the health service, other service providers and users.
- Implement systems for equal access to the service
- Contribute to implementation of national guidelines and evidence based practice
- Establish a professional reference group
- Report to the Ministry of Health and Care Services (HOD)
Employees and associates with the advisory unit on Tropical Infectious Diseases include:
- Kristine Mørch: PhD, Unit leader, infectious diseases consultant, associate professor, UiB
- Bjørn Blomberg: PhD, infectious diseases consultant, associate professor, UiB
- Kurt Hanevik: PhD, infectious diseases specialist, researcher, UiB
- Marit Gjerde Tellevik: MSc molecular biology, special bioengineer
- Stein Christian Mohn: Dr.med, physician
- Christel Gill Haanshuus: MSc molecular biology, special bioengineer
- Nina Langeland: Infectious diseases consultant, Professor, UiB
The professional reference group consists of representatives from different health regions in Norway:
- Tore Lier, leader (Helse Nord HF)
- Raisa Hannula (Helse Midt-Norge RHF)
- Åse Berg (Helse Vest RHF)
- Even Reinertsen (Helse Sør-Øst RHF)