Information about appointments and visits at Helse Bergen
During the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic, regulations on infection preventative actions are taken to avoid the contamination of all patients within all of our hospital locations. All patiens will therefore have to answer questions on corona.
Before attending your appointment, we need to know if you may be infected by the corona virus.
Fill out the form at helsenorge.no (only in Norwegian)
Please fill out the form below, 5 days and 1 day prior to your scheduled appointment. A link to the survey will be sent to you via text-message.
Fill out the form at helsenorge.no
This requires you to register a user profile at helsenorge.no, and to sign the consent form.
If you don't understand Norwegian, or don’t manage to log in or fill out the form, please call the department in charge of your appointment (see admission letter) or call 55 97 50 00 (call desk).
Helthcare personnel will guide you through the questions via an interpreter if needed.
The form is available in English (pdf)
In case of telephone- or video consultation, you don`t need to fill out the form.
Upon attendance at your appointment
As a safety precaution, the questions will be repeated upon attending your appointment. This also applies for anyone accompanying you to the hospital, to avoid the contamination of COVID-19 within the hospital locations, and to keep our environment as safe as possible for all patients
- If you answer “no” to all the questions, your appointment will be conducted as planned.
- If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, the consultant in charge (physician or psychologist, or other) will assess whether or not it is safe to conduct or defer your appointment.
- The consultant in charge will consider an alternative method of conducting the appointment if appropriate (e.g. telephone or tele-medicine)
In need of assistance to the hospital
To reduce risk of contamination, Helse Bergen has reinforced access control to all of its locations. As a general rule, patients should therefore attend appointments without companion.
Only patients under 16 years and patients in need of assistance, may be accompanied by one (1) person only. However, this needs to be clarified with the relevant department in charge of your appointment, prior to attending hospital locations.
Please attend your scheduled appointment
It is important that you show up in due time for your appointment. You may need extra time to answer the questions upon arrival and locate your appointment facilities. However, it is important that you don’t spend more time at the hospital than necessary. Please, do not be late for your appointment, as this may cause unnecessary delays.
Because of the coronavirus epidemic situation, your appointment at the hospital may be deferred. If so, you will be contacted by telephone, or mail. If you experience any discomfort, or deterioration in your condition while awaiting your rescheduled appointment, please contact the department in charge of your appointment, (see details of contact information in your admission letter) or local doctor (fastlege).
Consultation via telephone or video
Your appointment may be conducted via telephone or video (tele-medicine) if your physical presence is not required. If so, you will be contacted for more information.
If you still have questions, call:
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health’s information line: 815 55 015
- If you think you are infected bt the covid-19-virus, please contact your family doctor or call: 116 117.
- Haukeland University Hospital patients can call the unit (avdeling) where they have their appointment. You can find the phone number of the relevant unit in your appointment letter, or by looking up the unit on our website.
About the corona situation
The Norwegian Directorate of Health:
The Norwegian Institute for Public Health:
Information about the coronavirus (available in multiple languages)