DAY 1 – Thursday October 3rd
- 11.00-12.30 Registration
- 11.30-12.30 LUNCH
- 12.30-12.45 Opening and Welcome Tor Hervig, Bergen
Session I: Chair: Helge Ræder
- 12.45-13.15 Charna Dibner, Switzerland: Time zones of pancreatic islet metabolism
- 13.15-13.45 Pedro Herrera, Switzerland: Reconstitution of Lost Insulin-Producing Cells by in situ Adaptive Cell Plasticity
- 13.45-14.15 Palle Serup, Denmark: Jag1 modulates an oscillatory Dll1-Notch-Hes1 signaling module to coordinate growth and fate of pancreatic progenitors
14.15-14.30 BREAK - Networking and coffee
Session II: Chair: Kamal Mustafa
- 14.30-15.00 Fredrik Lanner, Sweden: Embryonic stem cell based treatment of blindness
- 15.00-15.30 Moustapha Kassem, Denmark: Bone marrow skeletal (mesenchymal) stem cells: from transplantation to in vivo targeting
- 15.30-16.00 Cecilie Gudveig Gjerde, Bergen: TBA
- 16.00-16.15 BREAK - Networking and coffee
Session III: Chairs: Jørn Sagen, Emmet McCormack
- 16.15-16.45 Susanna Mietinnen, Finland: Clinical Translations with Adipose Stem Cells
- 16.45-17.15 Jørn Sagen, Bergen: TBA
- 17.15 Closing remarks
- 17.30-19.00 Leisure activities
- 19.00-19.30 Pre-dinner reception
19.30 DINNER at Scandic Ørnen Restaurant
DAY 2 – Friday October 4th
Session I: Chair: Karl Henning Kalland
- 08.30-08.45 Einar Kristoffersen, Bergen: Update about the EVF at Haukeland University Hospital
- 08.45-09.15 Paul Gatenholm, Sweden: Harnessing Healing Power of Adult Stem Cells with 3D Bioprinting Technology
- 09.15-09.45 Julien Roy, UK: Cell Therapy Technologies
- 09.45-10.15 Marco Davila, USA: TBA
- 10.15-10.30 Break – check out
- 10.30-12.15 - “Lightning talks” presentations - See abstracts in the brochure
- 12.15-13.15 LUNCH
Session II: Chair: Einar Kristoffersen
- 13.15-13.45 Evandro Fei Fang, University of Oslo: NAD+ and mitophagy in stem cell rejuvenation and healthy longevity.
- 13.45-14.15 Simon Rayner, University of Oslo: The application of computational tools in stem cell research.
- 14.15-14.45 Britta Eiz-Vesper, Germany: Virus-specific T cells from stem cell, family and third party alloCELL T cell donors: Patient monitoring, donor selection and GMP-compliant manufacturing
14.45-15.00 BREAK - Networking and coffee
Session III: Chair: Tor Hervig
- 15.00-15.15 Pamela Pulimeno: Frontiers In – Open Access Publishing
- 15.15-15.45 Daniel Cacic, Stavanger TBA
- 15.45-16.15 Waqas Azeem, Bergen: Beta-catenin signaling in monocyte-derived dendritic cell maturation
- 16.15-16.30 Poster price ceremony and Closing remarks
For changes and questions, please contact the organizing committee.
- Price per person per night: 1282 NOK
- Day-pass day 1: 565 NOK
- Day-pass day 2: 615 NOK
“Lightning talks” presentations
We aim to increase contact between young stem cell researchers nationwide and we therefore invite PhD students and postdoctoral fellows from all research groups in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine to present their projects as posters during the meeting.
The program-committee will select 6 presenters from all external applications who will be awarded a travel-grant to attend the meeting. The presenters will have their full registration fees covered and travel expenses will be paid up to NOK 2,000. For further information, contact project leader Tor Hervig (BSCC@helse-bergen.no). Applications (maximum 1 page with title and abstract of poster and a short CV of 1 page) should be mailed to the same address before 10th of September.
This year we will try something new! Instead of printed posters, we will arrange poster-sessions with short oral presentations supported by a 50' screen. The presentation should be no longer than 5 minutes and consist of one to three slides. The presentations will be given to a committee and audience of conference participants.
All presenters of Lightning talks have received information about the procedure.
A committee of three referees will decide on the best “Lightning talks” presentations. Two winners will be announced and awarded 1,000 NOK per person.